Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Something New


So while this last week was very boring work wise (I had an 8-5 schedule of more classroom orientation everyday and did not get to spend ANY time on the actual unit!), we had some good times with family and friends.

Friday Night
We went bowling with 2 other couples and had the best time! Hunter and Maggie Mitchell go to Germantown C of C with us and we are really enjoying getting to know them. Hunter always has something clever to say and Maggie is always so sweet and encouraging! Brandon Edwards and his sweet fiance' Elizabeth came as well. Its been a while since I got to hang out with Brandon (one of my best friends from HS). We had a great time with both of them and hope to continue to do things with them both. We also were babysitting Neesha this weekend, which is always fun. She LOVED bowling and did surprisingly well. I guess all her WII bowling paid off :)

Saturday
So this was definitely not a relaxing Saturday, but overall it was extremely exciting because we bought a...
NEW CAR!

Smith's truck was getting on up there in miles (125,000) so we decided it was time to trade it in for something in a little bit better shape. It was somewhat sad to see the good ole truck go considering we went on all our dates, trips, etc in that truck, but we are so excited about our new SUV. We got a 2007 Ford Edge with less than 30,000 miles (big change). Its fully-loaded which Smith isn't used to. He's loving his new ride :) He was quite the negotiator and got us an incredible deal. This is the only picture of it I have right now and it's off my phone so sorry if it isn't the best!



Sunday
We had a wonderful day at church. I went with Neesha to her Volleyball practice. She is doing so well and working so hard. My mom and dad got home from their trip to Arizona and we were all glad to see them back.

Monday
Mostly I did laundry, cleaned the house, and worked on some projects for people that I needed to catch up on. But I did take a break to go eat with my best friends from Nursing school. Lauren Flatt, Katie Soldevila, and I met at Bahama Breeze for a girls lunch. It was so great to spend some time with them. We were used to spending each and every day together in school sharing multiple lunch dates a week. Now, with my job, Lauren's interviews, and Katie's new sweet baby, it is much more difficult to get together. It was so great to see Campbell, Katie's 2month old baby boy. He is so precious and she is doing such a great job with him! We definitely missed Sarah and Jenny... the other two girls who complete our little group. Hopefully a girls trip out to TX will be in the works soon to visit ole Jennster!

Well that brings us up to date... sorry if my life isn't all that interesting haha. I hope everyone's week is off to a great start!




No comments:

Post a Comment