Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wishful thinking...

So I guess that maybe it was wishful thinking on my part when I said I would be posting more often. Technically, this is still "more often" but once every month or two isn't that great of a track record. I'll keep working on that...

Now, for all of you that have been hanging by a string waiting to hear about my boards... good news... I PASSED. I'm now officially-

KELSEY HOPKINS, RN

It was one stressful experience. For those of you who are not nurses, you can get between 75 and 250ish questions. Every person gets 75. The testing program continues to give you questions until it has enough info to determine if you actually know what you are doing or until it knows that no matter how many questions it gives you, you are going to fail. SO, you can get 150 questions and pass or 150 questions and fail. I got 75 questions, which meant that I either did great or did absolutely terrible- which would be totally embarrassing. Thankfully, I came out on top! Take that NCLEX! I apparently am a "safe practioner" which is still debatable... I have a lot to still learn before anyone should be setting me loose with my own ICU patients!!! :) Thankfully I have wonderful teachers at work that really want me to learn as much as possible and to become a wonderful nurse! I just can't wait to actually know what I am doing!!!

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just saw this post! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You never have to write another nursing care plan again! Woooo hoooo! That in itself is a reason to celebrate! Oh...and a fatter paycheck. ;)

    ReplyDelete